This accessibility statement applies to the Office for National Statitics (ONS) Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) website.
This website is run by the ONS. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA, ZoomText, TalkBack and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How accessible this website is
Even though this website is AA compliant, we are aware of some issues at a higher compliance level:
- Assistive technology can’t read charts or maps on the site so please use the data table view instead
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you won’t be able to sort or filter data tables with keyboard navigation so please download the data files to sort and filter data
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information from the SDG website in a different format, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +44 (0)345 601 3034 and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you want
We will reply within ten days to let you know when we will be able to provide the information. We will consider each request but may not be able to provide an alternative accessible format on every occasion.
Reporting accessibility problems
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you experience any difficulty in accessing our website, please email us at email@example.com, or call +44 (0)345 601 3034.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The ONS SDG team is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Ensuring accessibility is embedded in our development processes, including using automated accessibility testing. We commit to an annual assessment of accessibility of this website.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 24.09.2020. It was last reviewed on 22.10.2020.
This website was last tested on 03.11.2022. The test was carried out by the Digital Accessibility Centre.